Sunday, July 22, 2012

To Smile or Not to Smile- That is the Question

The past two days have drained me.I've been quite cranky and tired and achy and the list could go on.I gave my poor husband 'frozen' food for Sehri today, ''Antarctic temperature'' he said.
One would immediately assume that the long fasting hours have gotten the better of me,but no,amazingly,it is after I break my fast that I seem to slip into this horrible,horrible behaviour.It been the first time I am on my own in Ramadhaan since I am married (last year was spent in Saudi,Alhamdulillah),I am finding it quite a struggle to adapt to  the rush of Iftaar.The first day the dirty dishes piled up so high,it would have been enough to make any grown woman sob.

Today at the mall,I could not even muster up a smile at a begger.And that's when it got me thinking: Is this really the way one should spend one's Ramadhaan?Constantly stressing about what to cook the next day,what to prepare for Iftaar,Sehri,when to fit in what,what time to get up,what time to sleep....

Whatever happened to this been the most Blessed month of the year for us?Spending our time in the obedience of Allah-dhikr,nafl Salaah,Quraan recitation?And been kind and charitable??

No doubt we women have alot on our hands during this month.But we need to realise that the focus is NOT on the preparation of food and how good that ice-coffee will taste.Stressing about the cleaning of the house-let us set specific times to clean up,so that we are not constantly running all over with that duster or dish-cloth.Let us plan our meals before-hand so that we do not slip up on an ingredient whilst cooking.Time management,I've realised,is vital in this month as we should be spending majority of our day in Ibaadat.

Last but not least,let us prepare our food with love and savour every moment.Watch your husband/child take that first bite of food and feel proud that Allah (SWT) chose you to make this possible.

P.S. all thanks to my mum who made me realise that crazy,is no way to be

Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and support!..Your input is valuable and much appreciated..Go forth and Dazzzle!! <3