Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Valuable Lesson

A man bought a slave and after bringing him home,the following conversation ensured;

"What is your name?"

"A slave has no name.Whatever name my master prefers,that shall be my name"

"What food do you like?"

"I like whatever my master likes for me"

"What clothing would you like me to buy for you?"

"I am pleased with whatever clothing you buy for me"

"What work can you do?"

"I shall do whatever work you need me to do"

"Tell me what you enjoy"

"Of what significance are the pleasures of a slave compared to the pleasures of his master.I enjoy whatever you enjoy"

Hearing these replies of the slave,the master began to weep because it made him realise that his relationship with Allah (SWT) ought to be the same.He said to the slave:

"You have taught me what my attitude with Allah should be"

The slave then focused his attention to Allah and said:

"Oh Allah!What bounty can I have that is better than the ability to diligently serve one of  Your bondsmen.So,by Your infinite Grace,forgive my sins and shortcomings for I know that You are the Most Kind and Most Merciful."

It is the duty of every Muslim to behave like the slave in the above incident and to have no desire that is opposed to what Allah (SWT) and our Prophet(SAW) want.

When Allah is pleased with a person,no difficulty is insurmountable.

Allahu-Akbar!

Source: A Gift to a Bride

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and support!..Your input is valuable and much appreciated..Go forth and Dazzzle!! <3