Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Style Icon- Touch of Blair

I am quite addicted to the hit tv-series Gossip Girl and am currently watching the series for the third time.Yes,the story-line is fantastic;a mixture of intrigue and anticipation,scandal and seduction,love and betrayal...and ofcourse GLAMOUR.But,the real reason I adore it?I am always tempted to pause the episode,grab my sketch-pad and quickly outline one of many fabulous get-ups as inspiration for my next outfit or simply to drool over.
My favourite character is Blair Waldorf,not just because of her quick and hilarious retorts,scheming mind and unique expressions,but her sense of style.Just lengthen that skirt a notch and drape a fabulous hijaab (you can always lay that headband carefully upon your hijaab) over that glossy hair- and voila!-stylish,elegant and modest.

The thing I like most about her style is that (inspite of a few outfits) they pretty much decent and with a few tweaks,us Hijaabi's can easily pull it off..

Here are some of my favourite oufits from Queen B's closet:


Polished and poised

Nautical!I would sail far off for this dress,especially since I
have a bag which would go perfectly with it:


Or if you want to make a real statement:


Beautiful.Add black bolero inside or maybe even out,if it doesn't cover the
 gorgeous gold detail on the top

How sweet is this!Pair with an off white or black skinny jeans and a simple hijaab

Almost makes me want to go back to high school-almost

I'm not entirely sure what colour I would add to this-
the white looks just too good to spoil

Some more stylish headbands
So,my fellow trend-setting Hijaabi's,there's no reason we can't look stylish and modest at the same time!
Check out my next post for ways to wear your headband over your hijaab.

Until next time
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and support!..Your input is valuable and much appreciated..Go forth and Dazzzle!! <3