Friday, October 5, 2012

The Walls Are Listening


Last weekend,a couple of us were discussing whether or not it was fair to judge a person (mainly females) by the way they dressed,as we so often hear people say “My heart is good,I don't need to show it in my appearance”.
As the discussion got louder,my six-year-old nephew poked me in the side and informed me in a dead serious tone that “It's ok to wear jeans and a top in the house”

Until then I thought he had fallen asleep,but he was instead listening very intently to our conversation. I found his comment adorable.And so very true.It also made me realise that:

a)it was so important for young kids to know their Deen and what is expected of them.In this day and age,we all need to equip ourselves with the right knowledge.

b)children continually fool us into thinking they are not listening by keeping busy but infact their ears are perked up 24/7.

c)even though I was pleased he knew what was the right way and had an opinion,I wondered whether that was the sort of thing a six-year-old should listen in on. Too often we take for granted the fact that kids aren't listening and we don't watch our words. They may form opinions or learn things their little minds cannot comprehend.

As for my nephew,I will keep my laugh in everytime he tugs my sleeve down when it rides up, 'coz now I know that he knows better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and support!..Your input is valuable and much appreciated..Go forth and Dazzzle!! <3