Monday, October 15, 2012

My Jihad

In my quest to becoming a better person/ Muslimah/ wife,I have recently started trying to wear the abaya full time* (read:almost everyday).Coming from someone who has a weakness for skinny jeans,this is sure to be a real Jihad.In order to keep myself from feeling down about black,black,black,I've decided to become the Queen of Accessorising and Colour.

I add pops of colour with vibrant belts slung low over my waist,huge bangles and rings,long blingy chains.I wrap small silk scarves around my wrists,wear them under my Hijaab.Check out nspiredstyle-4-ways-with-a-neckerchief for more on that.

We seem to think that donning the abaya will make us feel older than we really are but honestly,it doesn't have to be that way.The person you are will most definitely shine through anyway,but we can always express ourselves with a beautiful handbag,a smart shoe,that statement ring.

But even more than that,stepping in the right direction is challenging oneself,knowing that what you are doing is for a greater good and will lead you to Jannah Insha Allah.It takes alot of confidence and guts to make major changes in our lives,knowing that just because we have decided to do the right thing,won't necessarily mean it is going to be easy.We have to always keep our intention infront of us.

A sister put it so beautifully recently: "I was crazy about Mohammed*.Then Allah gave him to me.Now,why can't I be crazy about my Allah?"

Spending time with people who have taken that big step can motivate you in ways you never thought possible.
Push yourself,Go Forth and Dazzzle ***


*Name changed


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and support!..Your input is valuable and much appreciated..Go forth and Dazzzle!! <3