Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Where Is That Exclamation Mark?

So there I was, desperately searching for the exclamation mark on my laptops keyboard, and it dawned on me how bad the situation was. I had not blogged in over a year and as my little boy's first birthday (what!!) loomed, I knew I had to regain a little bit of who I was. It will never be the same, no freedom; the voluntary late nights;the lazy mornings,but I felt the need to do something for myself,a little bit of an escape..
Around 10pm on Monday,the 25th of November last year, Muhammad Khuwaylid was born.After an exhausting two days,the weird feeling of catching sight of a flat(ish) stomach and looking into this little persons eyes before the nurse whisked him away for the night, was over-whelming.
I have grown up emmensly in the past 10 and a half months and there was the fair share of tears,frustration,moments of joy watching him smile,roll over,grab a toy for the first time,laughter watching him learn how to stand, fat little toes digging deeply into the carpet,little temper tantrums (from both of us "just go to sleep!" "I DONT WANT TO!")
I may have a long way to go,but hopefully with patience and perseverance, I won't be making too many mistakes InshaAllah.. Here's to the beginning! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and support!..Your input is valuable and much appreciated..Go forth and Dazzzle!! <3